Parking a car properly is an essential skill for every driver. Here’s how to park in three different kinds of parking spots:
- Parallel Parking: Parallel parking involves parking your vehicle parallel to the curb between two parked vehicles. Follow these steps:
- Find a suitable parking spot that is at least 1.5 times the length of your car.
- Signal and pull up alongside the vehicle in front of the empty spot, leaving about 2-3 feet of space between your car and theirs.
- Shift your car into reverse and check your mirrors and blind spots.
- Begin backing up slowly, turning your steering wheel sharply to the right.
- As your car’s rear bumper passes the rear bumper of the vehicle in front of the empty spot, straighten your wheels and continue backing up.
- When your car is parallel to the curb and centered in the parking spot, straighten your wheels and adjust